Please let us know your holiday plans asap, we ask for a courtesy two weeks’ notice for holidays in England and Wales.If you are holidaying in Scotland, the supplying company require three weeks’ notice and the Isle of Man require four weeks notice.
Before you book:
- Contact your planned holiday destination to gain permission for oxygen equipment to be delivered and stored in the accommodation.
- Deliveries are Monday- Friday 8am-5pm; it is your responsibility to ensure someone will be available between these times to take the delivery. Equipment can be left in a dry safe place if agreed with the property owner.
- If you are travelling by public transport – contact the transport company and inform them you will be carrying oxygen.
- There is no need for a holiday HOOF, please contact BOC on 0800 136 603 to discuss your holiday plans and we will send the details to the oxygen provider covering the area you are travelling to.
- If you are wanting a different modality to what you have at home e.g static cylinder instead of a concentrator, you will need to contact your Healthcare Professional for an updated Home Oxygen Order Form (HOOF)
- The holiday equipment you may receive whilst you are holidaying may differ slightly from the equipment you use at home- if you experience any difficulties you will be given a telephone number for the provider where you are holidaying.
BOC will need the following information:
- Start and end date of your holiday.
- Full postal address and telephone number of he holiday destination.
- Name/ contact details of the person accepting the delivery of the equipment.
- If your prescription should change please call BOC on 0800 136 603 to discuss as a new HOOF from your Healthcare Professional may be needed.
- Please talk to your Patient Service Representative (PSR) or call us to discuss on 0800 136 603.