For patients requiring oxygen whilst they are out and about there are oxygen modalities available to do so. These modalities have been designed for this purpose and are safe to travel with whether in a car or on public transport.
Please follow the below guidance when traveling with oxygen:
- Please do advise your car insurer that you may be transporting a small number of cylinders or liquid oxygen in your vehicle.
- Remember to firmly secure the ambulatory cylinders in your vehicle so that they do not cause harm to persons or damage the vehicle.
- Wherever possible locate any spare cylinders in the boot or away from the vehicle cabin.
- We do not recommend that patients transport high capacity cylinders.
- We do not advise any patients to transport static concentrators or non-portable cylinders